SLA Report permission for a service desk customer and a collaborator

Luvo June 14, 2016

I want to enable an existing JIRA project to a service desk, but when I do that only the people that are the agents are able to see the  reports and edit the project and also there are some more restrictions if you are not a service desk agent. Fields like "edit" and "workflow" does not show up on the JIRA task bar of my ticket 

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

If I am understanding your situation correctly, then I believe this is expected behaviour. You must be an agent to get access to any service desk specific functionality, including editing a service desk issue.

Luvo June 14, 2016

Hi Chris

not Agent.PNGAgent.PNG

if you look at first screen shot you'll see "edit", "more", "assign" and "backlog" are not there. The first screen is the user who doesn't have permission as a service desk agent but the user is the collaborator and a customer. The second screen is the user who has the service desk agent permission. So my question is that, is it possible for a user who doesn't have the service desk permission to have the same screen as a user who have the permission.  I hope my question is clear

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

Hi Luvo

It is clear, and the answer unfortunately is still the same.

You cannot give a user that does not have a service desk agent license the ability to change service desk issues. This means you cannot edit the issue, move it, assign it, transition it. Only agents can do this.

If you are a collaborator you can comment on the issue.

I hope that helps.

Chris

Suggest an answer