SIL - value of custom field of other issue

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

Hello.

I'm struggling with a small but annoying problem. How can I get a value of customfield of other issue?

I'm trying to compare creation dates of linked issues, yet structure like otherissuekey.customfield_00000 is not working properly.

I will appreciate any help, especially that somehow documentation of Kepler Rominfo plugins seems to be down at the moment.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

Hi,

You can get value like this: #{%otherissuekey%.customfield_00000}

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

That is correct.

Just to add a bit to the explanation, there are 2 ways in which you can accomplish this.

1. using the issue key directly e.g. TEST-1.customfield_00000

2. using substitution for the issue key:

string otherissuekey = "TEST-1"; // could be anything that sets a valid issue key to this variable

%otherissuekey%.customfield_00000;

Note: the use of #{} is only needed if you are using the custom field name and it contains whitespaces, otherwise it is optional.

If you're still having trouble with the syntax, please give a script snippet that show exactly how you're using it.

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

Thanks guys, that's a really detailed description that helped me to immediately solve my problem :)

Unfortunately I bumped on another one. Now when I use %my_variable_containing_key%.created I get following error in logs:

"Caused by: com.keplerrominfo.jira.commons.sil.SILInfoException: [SIL Error on line: 8, column: 38] Variable >>.created<< is not a custom field."

Do I have to use different construction when I try to get value of system field?

Here is my whole SIL code:

string[] my_linked_issues_array = linkedIssues(parent);
string my_loop_index;
string my_current_issue_key = key;
string my_linked_issue_key;

for(my_loop_index in my_linked_issues_array){
        my_linked_issue_key = my_linked_issues_array[my_loop_index];
	if (%my_linked_issue_key%.created &gt;= #{%my_current_issue_key%.customfield_10900}){
		linkIssue(key, my_loop_index, "Relates");
        }
}

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

The for each construction iterates through values not indexes, so the "my_linked_issue_key" will get the value of array["some key"] which is null.

for( x in array) {

// x is element, not index

}

Instead, try this:

for(my_linked_issue_key in my_linked_issues_array){
    if (%my_linked_issue_key%.created >= #{%my_current_issue_key%.customfield_10900}){
        linkIssue(key, my_linked_issue_key, "Relates");
} }

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

Hi,

The documentation should be visible online, our providers are having problems with the heat outside :)- It was a brief interruption of about 10 minutes. There are something like 313 K (40C/100F) outside.

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

Thanks for the info :)

No worries, few days ago we have had similiar temperatures here, so I know what you feel ;) Be cool! :D

Suggest an answer