SAXParseException with Jira CLI

vdube January 23, 2013

When i am trying to the fetch the list of all my issues with one project of mine everything works fine and i am returned the Issue List, but when i do the samething on another project using the same fields and all the given project returns me with this error :

Remote error: ; nested exception is:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

Sounds like the Jira CLI is not properly generating the XML..

Given Command,

jira.sh --action "getIssueList" --server "https://domain.atlassian.net/" --user "ex" --password "derp" --project "Project"

if i were to change project to another like search same thing, but i dont get the error if change to my other project lets say to 'test' basicly. But have a fair amount of Issue that they can pull from.

So right now i pretty confused as to what could cause this kind of error.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
vdube January 24, 2013

After all the problem got fixed, turns out it was invalid XML characters which was already present in existant issue. But was not in the others from a diffrent project.

0 votes
Julio Mugabe March 6, 2013

Actually I cleaned the jiras that had characters causing this issue and it is now resolved.

Thanks

0 votes
Julio Mugabe March 6, 2013

Hi Musk..

Did you get the solution to this issue? We are experiencing the same problem. We just upgraded to jira 5.2.6.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

It is likely a problem with the data in one (or more) of the issues in that specific project. Try narrowing it down to the specific issue and look for some bad data. Use getIssueList with JQL search to isolate it. The JIRA server generates the response, so you would have the same problem using the Remote API directly.

Suggest an answer