Running automated backups on JIRA Cloud from the instance itself?

Maurice van Ree February 25, 2015

Hi,

I found this script to run automated backups for JIRA Cloud:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOUDKB/Automatic+backups+for+JIRA+Cloud

Is there any way to run this from the cloud instance itself, or does this have the be ran on a different server?

Best Regards,

Maurice 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2015

It has to be run remotely to be of any use.  

Atlassian's platform for running Cloud is not accessible to the end user, so if you ran it on Cloud it would take the backup locally, which is of no use to you because you can't get to it.  The point of the script is to get the backup to one of your machines, so it has to be a "pull" of the data.

0 votes
Maurice van Ree February 25, 2015

Thank you for your answer.

I realise that, I was actually planning on uploading the backup to S3 from the WebDAV dir after creation. It would be nice to have that running as a one machine solution. But I guess I have to create a backup, pull it and then upload it to S3 from a remote. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2015

Yes, sometimes it would be nice if it could "push" instead. I think someone has raised it as an improvement

Suggest an answer