Running an Atlassian Software Suite on a network with no user email. Is it possible?

Hi. Quick question. I am test-driving the Jira-Stash-Bamboo-Confluence tool suite on a network with a number of users. There is no mail setup and therefore when the network users were entered as Altassian users this field was left blank for all but one (the guy who set the users up).

I am now trying to approve a pull request but am getting messages that I cannot do this without a valid email address, yet I can find no way to edit my email address in any of the four above tools. in fact, there seems to be inconsistency between these tools from a user management point of view. (for example one of your pages tells me I can edit my email address via JIRA or Confluence (even though I can't!), but then another feature request page says I cannot change it at all).

So I was just wondering if I can approve a pull request without email addresses? Or in general, can I use your tools in an email-free environment.

Thanks for your time,

Tom 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Tom, 

Yes, I strong recommend you to have an email address setup on Atlassian Tools for many reasons. For example: 

• In case you forget your password you will need an email address to get a new one
  • You need an email to have Confluence, JIRA notifications (and from other tools too)
  • Send poo requests as you could see

So, your email address came from where your user is authenticated. I mean, if you setup Atlassian Tools to authenticate against your LDAP, then you need to have an email into your LDAP user. 

In case you have your login setup onto Internal Directory, than you should request for your admin (or login as admin) to change/add this field.

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

130 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you