Run time exception in in Jira log file.

Nidhinraj January 12, 2015

This is started occuring once the JIRA got upgraded from Jira version 4 to Jira V.6.2.This is causing the website to load the pages very slow(Performance issue).Any one help us to resolve this issue please?

Log:

2015-01-09 14:05:54,532 http-bio-8092-exec-16 ERROR deborahd 845x1009882x1 121mnr4 10.239.54.71,151.146.238.248 /plugins/servlet/project-config/PCO/issuetypes [jira.plugin.webfragment.DefaultSimpleLinkManager] RuntimeException converting item 'com.atlassian.jira.copy-to-subtask-plugin:copytosubtask-item' to Simple link. This link will be skipped. null

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2015

Start with checking that the copy-to-subtask plugin is the right version for your JIRA installation.

Secondly, try simple test to see if this is the plugin - remove the copy-to-subtask plugin and see if the performance improves.  If it does, then you know it's the plugin.

Let us know how you get on with those two, and then we'll dig further

Nidhinraj January 14, 2015

Many thanks for your answers.

Am using the Jira version 6.2.5 and copy-to-subtask plugin version 2.

Before disabling the plugin i would like to make few things to your attention,

When i check the atlassian-jira.log, could see the following error messages as well.All these exceptions started occuring after the JIRA upgradation.

The site is very slow(performance issue) whenever i get these exceptions in the log.Please suggest what i have to do to over come this performance issues.(Pages are sometimes irresponsive)

Exception1:
2015-01-12 10:03:24,774 QuartzScheduler_Worker-1 WARN ServiceRunner RemotePluginLicenseNotificationPluginJob-job [atlassian.upm.notification.PluginLicenseNotificationCheckerImpl] Automatic license update check failed: com.atlassian.upm.mac.HamletException: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated
reamsCompletionService] Registering failure for stream provider JIRA due to cancellation (timeout)
nCheckerImpl] Automatic license update check failed: com.atlassian.upm.mac.HamletException: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated

Exception2:

2015-01-09 14:05:54,532 http-bio-8092-exec-16 ERROR deborahd 845x1009882x1 121mnr4 10.239.54.71,151.146.238.248 /plugins/servlet/project-config/PCO/issuetypes [jira.plugin.webfragment.DefaultSimpleLinkManager] RuntimeException converting item 'com.atlassian.jira.copy-to-subtask-plugin:copytosubtask-item' to Simple link. This link will be skipped. null

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2015

Ok, well, it would have been useful to tell us about that earlier. However, that is an error being thrown by a service, not something that is run as part of screen generation, so I would not expect it to be a problem on every page. You still need to try turning off the plugin to see if it changes anything

Suggest an answer