Run a script on an issue creation / display all fields of an issue screen creation in issue screen

Christophe Leite July 25, 2013

Hello,

Is this possible to run a script when I create an issue ?

To explain, I fill various fields on my first form (issue creation). When I valid this one, I would like to know if I could run a script, in order to verify if each field was filled. Otherwise, I would attribute empty string to those which have not be filled...

Why? to force the display of these fields in the issue screen, because I realized that if they were not filled, these fields did not appear in the issue screen. It would be about an alternative solution.

Another solution I have found is to attribute systematically an empty string as default value for each field...

Thanks a lot,

Christophe

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2013

Yes, look at the Script Runner plugin + Post Functions. Not sure how maintainable this will be for you long term. Also not sure if this is a great idea long term as every issue you create will have non-null values.

Also have a look at some of the workarounds here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-4812

Certain field types can have a default; use those when you can.

Suggest an answer