Roles for certain project only

Václav Nedvěd June 5, 2013

Hi,

I'd like to set Roles only for certain project only, but if I open project details in administration and then I open the People section, there is complete list of roles created in JIRA.

Its very confusing, if there is 100 roles instead of 10.

Is there any possibility how to reduce number of roles usable in particular project?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

I'm afraid there isn't. At least not out of the box since project roles are defined system wide

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

Looks like you are misusing project roles. There shouldn't be 100 roles, 10 makes sense. as Christian sais, you will see all the roles in all projects but you only need to use the ones you want.

Václav Nedvěd June 5, 2013

Yes, that is the basic problem, because we use JIRA through many projects, which are not consistent. So every project makes its own roles and problem is here.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2013

Hi Vaclac,

When we started of it was the same issue with us. Software, Hardware, Mechanical, and say many other divisions use the same instance of JIRA. And each one wanted their own project roles even though there were minor differences and in some cases, a team wanted CCRB DEVELOPERS while the others wanted CCRB DEVELOPER.

It came down to explaining the concept of project roles and how it is used in JIRA. We then ended up with 8 roles from close to 36.

Cheers

Bhushan

Suggest an answer