Roles and Permissions

Jeanice Young December 12, 2017

I have a currently client on Jira but once I added other clients the old client was able to view my other projects created.  I have created different views, set permissions and added roles but nothing is working.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeanice Young December 14, 2017

I do believe that has worked.  Thanks for your help

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2017

Have a look at your permission scheme used by the projects. The default scheme usually allows any user that is logged in to view all projects.

I have the permission scheme set only for that group and only the admin role for that group.  Not sure why this is not working

Thank you for your help, think I am a bit lost I have been reading all the documentation to figure this out.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2017

I would start by changing the permission scheme so it is based on project roles instead of groups, that way you can control access to each project by adding groups/users to specific roles in the project. Also have a look at JIRA Permissions made Simple, hopefully that will make it a bit clearer.

Suggest an answer