Role based estimates - sometimes do not display in the grey rounded rectangle on the agile board/backlog

Adam Marshall April 19, 2016

Does anyone else have this issue? If I add an estimate to a single role only, the Remaining and Estimate fields on the issue panel on the backlog display correctly, and the correct Original Time Estimate value is set in the grey rounded rectangle on the agile board and backlog.

Most of the time if I add further estimates for an additional 1 or 2 roles, the totalling no longer works. Sometimes by fiddling with it (taking hours off, putting them on again) I can get them to reappear for a while, but I have not figured out what is going on.

role based estimates not totalling.png

1 answer

2 votes
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2016

Hi Adam, thanks for pointing this one out, we have fixed it up. We are soon going to upload a new version with the fix.

Adam Marshall May 18, 2016

Great! Thank you! Which version will that be available in?

Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2016

Hi Adam, this bug has been fixed in the latest version of the plugin.

• For JIRA 6.0+ that is version 1.3.3
  • For JIRA 7.0+ that is version 1.7.3
Adam Marshall August 4, 2016

Hi, I believe I am on JIRA 6.4 with v1.3.8 of the add-on - however the issue is still occurring. It seems to be very repeatable now, it happens not when logging work but when altering estimates manually via Edit issue. It fixes itself every time when you just go into Edit Issue immediately and click Update.

snip_20160804203627.png

However this still leaves you with what looks like icicles on the burndown chart. 

snip_20160804203658.png

Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2016

Hi David, we are currently looking into this. We will get back to you with a fix asap.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2016

Hi David,

Sorry for the trouble. The bug should be fixed now. The latest version being :

• For JIRA 6.0+ that is version 1.3.9
  • For JIRA 7.0+ that is version 1.7.9

Please let us know if the problem persists or if you have any further query.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Adam Marshall August 5, 2016

Looks good so far, I will keep an eye on it, thanks smile

Suggest an answer