Roadmap for Company managed project

Deleted user January 11, 2022

I use a company managed project for my team.  We want to allow other teams to list tickets on our board by way of labels.  BUT, I want to still have the roadmap feature.  Is there a way to tell Jira to ignore any tickets that are not native to the project in order to still show my roadmap?   Seems like that would be an easy feature to implement.

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user January 31, 2022

So, as this is a limitation on Jira side, we have decided to work around this by creating two "projects" for our team.  One will be used for tickets that are added by other teams by way of "tagging" us with a label.

The original project will be reserved for our internal project work and allow us to utilize the Roadmap functionality.

Ideally, Atlassian will add a feature to have the Roadmap just ignore any non-native project issues present on the board and still work as intended.  That would be the ideal solution.  If they add this in the future, we will circle back to this.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

Hi @[deleted] ,

Welcome to the community.

Issues shown in the roadmap rely on filters in the board-settings.

If you can see Issues for other projects in your board, so does the roadmap.

But you can try to create a new board and associate only the Project you need in it.

Deleted user January 11, 2022

Thanks.  I was hoping to avoid that. 

Deleted user January 18, 2022

To elaborate, I have a company managed project for my small team and want to manage a roadmap for that project.  BUT, I also want to allow other teams to "tag" tickets to our board by way of labels.  I don't understand why the Roadmap function doesn't just ignore all non-native tickets when showing the roadmap.  It seems like an easy thing to implement by way of a behind the scenes filter.

It seems like nonsense and extra busy work to have to manage an entirely separate board just to house tickets from other teams.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events