Roadmap displays no issues

krussell101 August 15, 2012

Added a new version to a project.

Assigned three issues to that version. (In Issue Navigator, those issues show up with that version.)

When I click on the Roadmap tab. I see the version. But in the Progress it says "No issues."

This is the first time I've used versions. So I suspect I'm missing something simple.

I changed only the field configuration screen to show the "Affected Versions" field and added the new version to the project. I did nothing else.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

Road map is based on Fix Version(s) field and not Affected Versions field. Fix Version is the release where the fix is released.

Ah HA! I knew it would be something easy. So what's Affected Version used for?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

to denote that the bug/issue was found in the mentioned version of a product. For example, if you find a bug in JIRA 4.4 and raise it with Atlassian, you will give the Affected version as 4.4. Atlassian might fix the issue in JIRA 5 and then the fix version becomes 5.

Got it! Thanks!

1 vote
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2012

For the issues to show up in the roadmap you have to set the fixVersion to that version!

Suggest an answer