Roadmap : How to not show historic Done Epics vs current Done & Busy Epics

Jeroen Mares February 16, 2021

Just recently the feature to filter All, Complete and Incomplete has been added in the View Settings ( https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-the-roadmap/ )

Yet this filters ALL epics regardless of period.

If we are looking at a given period, one would like to see ALL epics of that period. Any done epics from the past are not relevant. These are still shown with the All filter.

If we use the Incomplete filter, we see all Incomplete Epics, and loose sight of everything done in the period we are observing.

The main attribute of a roadmap is a period in time mostly in the future. This period should be part of the default filter of the actual issues/epics.

If there is a way I am overlooking or misunderstanding I would like to hear it, because now I have 10's of old Epics in my view and don't see a good way to start using the roadmap and have to resort to other tools...

1 answer

0 votes
Aiden Marriott
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

I don't think you are misunderstanding it, roadmaps is a neat new feature but its quite limited at the moment.  There are things like "Advanced Roadmaps for Jira" which is bundled with premium cloud (I think) or BigPicture for Jira on the marketplace if need more functionality,

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 18, 2021

Hi @Jeroen Mares 

@Aiden Marriott has mentioned BigPicture so let me present to you how you can filter epics in a given period of time.

The first step is to create a BigPicture Program and define its scope (fully adjustable, based on Jira Projects, Boards, and Filters).

I noticed that it’s important for you to analyze issues statuses in a selected period of time. BigPicture gives a possibility to use the date range to narrow down the view. Please look at my image.

image (79).png

Once we define a period, we can apply a JQL filter to review, e.g., only unresolved issues.

image (80).png

Please let me know if you have further questions. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events