Risk or impediments over the issue

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Hi,

How can we enter the Risk or Impedements over the JIra issue and high light them to related persons in Jira.

Thank You.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2012

The best way to do this is to have a specific item for your risk, as a distinct type. I.e. have a "risk" as an issue type in Jira. I've worked in places where people try to do risks as fields on other issues, and frankly that really does not work in the slightest - risks are separate items. They can have separate assignees (that kind of answers your "highlight them to related persons")

However, you'll then need to think through how you use them. With a separate issue type, you have loads of things you can do. Briefly, risks can have their own fields - not just assignee, but you probably want things like mitigation text, impact, severity, groups affected (all fields irrelevant to the main issue, but important to a risk). You may want a different workflow for risks and impediments. And so on.

Probably your biggest question is whether you do them as sub-tasks (a risk may affect several items though, so you'd need several copies of it - I don't like that approach myself), issues at a project level, or even create a completely separate project for risks. If you go for parent issue types, then whether you use them inside projects or in their own (or both), you'll want to think about linking risks to issues to highlight their impact.

Suggest an answer