Risk or impediments over the issue

Hi,

How can we enter the Risk or Impedements over the JIra issue and high light them to related persons in Jira.

Thank You.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

The best way to do this is to have a specific item for your risk, as a distinct type. I.e. have a "risk" as an issue type in Jira. I've worked in places where people try to do risks as fields on other issues, and frankly that really does not work in the slightest - risks are separate items. They can have separate assignees (that kind of answers your "highlight them to related persons")

However, you'll then need to think through how you use them. With a separate issue type, you have loads of things you can do. Briefly, risks can have their own fields - not just assignee, but you probably want things like mitigation text, impact, severity, groups affected (all fields irrelevant to the main issue, but important to a risk). You may want a different workflow for risks and impediments. And so on.

Probably your biggest question is whether you do them as sub-tasks (a risk may affect several items though, so you'd need several copies of it - I don't like that approach myself), issues at a project level, or even create a completely separate project for risks. If you go for parent issue types, then whether you use them inside projects or in their own (or both), you'll want to think about linking risks to issues to highlight their impact.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

83 views 0 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you