Risk Mitigation of JIRA

Krupasindhu Nayak August 19, 2015

Hello All,

I am using JIRA 4.4.3 unlimited user licence. There is a proposal to upgrade to JIRA  Agile. 

What are the various Risk if I'll not upgrade? Please suggest.

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2015

You really should upgrade it.

• Atlassian do not support older versions of JIRA (they'll try if you do raise a support request, but are fully entitled to say "that's not supported, we recommend you upgrade and try again")
  • Version 4.4 is not compatible with the browser versions you really should be using if you want security
  • If any security flaws are found in 4.4, they will not be patched, you will have to upgrade

Baseline risk - if something goes wrong, you could easily be on your own.

1 vote
michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

Hello there,

JIRA 4.4.3 is quite old in my opinion and you can see this link to see what all features you have missed by not upgrading! smile

BR,

Mike

0 votes
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

There is JIRA and there is JIRA agile. JIRA agile is an add-on.

michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2015

Yes, I am aware of that :). Depending on your needs you can install it- there is less or no risk.

michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2015

Also, there could be compatibility issues - please refer this link for the JIRA agile version and its compatibility with JIRA. It was called GH then! 

Yes GreenHopper renamed to JIRA Agile in JIRA 6

I am really missing many things in my old version of JIRA. Is there any risk if I'll not upgrade it now or in future? If so then what types of Risk is there for my projects, issues, plugins

Suggest an answer