Revoking JIRA SD application from user also revokes JIRA Software

John Moroney November 3, 2016

Trying to eliminate JIRA SD application access for all my users in preparation for the upcoming license changes, as we have no need for the Service Desk licensing. When I am in the User Management section, and am looking at the list of users in the JIRA Service Desk tab, I can revoke SD from a user, but when I do that, it also revokes Software. 

How do I revoke SD and only SD from my users without impacting the Software application access?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2016

John, are you saying that if you uncheck the JSD box that the JSW checkbox clears? I'm on cloud and am not seeing this be the case. Assuming the answer is yes, can you recheck the JSW box successfully?

JSD user.jpg

John Moroney November 3, 2016

That is exactly what is happening. If I uncheck SD, SD and SW are removed. If I check SW afterwards, SW is added along with SD again. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2016

John, i have spent a few minutes on this but haven't come up w/ a cause. The behavior you are seeing is counter to how it should work. Might be time for Atlassian support if you haven't already figured it out.

John Moroney November 6, 2016

How do I go about contacting them?

asarda_ November 6, 2016

John, go to https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portals to raise a support request.

Suggest an answer