Reviews of RiskManagement plugin from Jplug?

Olivier Brzozowski November 1, 2012

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience with RiskManagement plugin from Jplug and if so would you please share pros/cons you have found using the plugin? Have you tried alternatives?

Thanks,

Olivier

3 answers

0 votes
Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2017

Hi Oliver,

SoftComply has developed a risk management add-on for JIRA Cloud users that is fully customizable - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com-softcomply-riskmanager-cloud/cloud/overview

For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@softcomply.com / www.softcomply.com

Kind Regards

Matteo

0 votes
Craig Schwarze _ProjectBalm_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 16, 2015

May I recommend Risk Register by ProjectBalm to you? It is solid, has an attractive interface (including a risk matrix) and is very reasonably priced. It also comes with an online manual that takes you through the whole risk management process step by step. It is also actively being supported.

0 votes
quiffhanger January 28, 2013

I've just tried it. As far as I can tell it simply provides some basic visualisations of risks. This appears to work ok but is a long way away from "proper" risk management.

One of my annoyances is that it's not easy to treat probability and consequence differently. I prefer weighting consequence above probability, to emphasise the "black swan", unlikely but potentially-devistating events. The risk calculation appears to be a non-modifiable & simplistic "probability * impact" and you cant easily adjust the scales without making some pretty deep modifications.

Likewise if you wish to further categorise risks, link them to affected assets, etc. then you're on your own. Nto that you cant do it, just that you'll have to do all the customisation yourself and write your own report, visualisation, etc.

Suggest an answer