Reviews of RiskManagement plugin from Jplug?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience with RiskManagement plugin from Jplug and if so would you please share pros/cons you have found using the plugin? Have you tried alternatives?

Thanks,

Olivier

3 answers

I've just tried it. As far as I can tell it simply provides some basic visualisations of risks. This appears to work ok but is a long way away from "proper" risk management.

One of my annoyances is that it's not easy to treat probability and consequence differently. I prefer weighting consequence above probability, to emphasise the "black swan", unlikely but potentially-devistating events. The risk calculation appears to be a non-modifiable & simplistic "probability * impact" and you cant easily adjust the scales without making some pretty deep modifications.

Likewise if you wish to further categorise risks, link them to affected assets, etc. then you're on your own. Nto that you cant do it, just that you'll have to do all the customisation yourself and write your own report, visualisation, etc.

May I recommend Risk Register by ProjectBalm to you? It is solid, has an attractive interface (including a risk matrix) and is very reasonably priced. It also comes with an online manual that takes you through the whole risk management process step by step. It is also actively being supported.

Hi Oliver,

SoftComply has developed a risk management add-on for JIRA Cloud users that is fully customizable - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com-softcomply-riskmanager-cloud/cloud/overview

For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@softcomply.com / www.softcomply.com

Kind Regards

Matteo

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,950 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot