Reviewer doesn't show when it's sub task

Zhiming Zhang July 4, 2017

We created a custom screen for one of workflow transition ("Need Review") and regular issues and sub task share this screen. However, we noticed that when an issue is sub task, "Reviewer" filed is missing though all the rest of fields are there; However, if it's an regular issue, then the screen has all the fields. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2017

Have you tried the "where's my field" option towards the top right of the screen?

Zhiming Zhang July 5, 2017

Unfortunately the screen doesn't have that option. But I can see it in screen configuration and the filed itself is also "show"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2017

Ok, screen is one thing to check, but you'll need to check the field context (under admin -> custom fields), and the field configuration for the issue type in that project.

Zhiming Zhang July 7, 2017

Image 52.jpg

I checked the "Where is my field" configuration, seems the field "Reviewer" should be there, but it's missing

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2017

That's good, it shows 2 of the 3 points are set up right.  That means it should be down to the "Field Screen" on the last line.

The field might well be on the "Edit" screen for the issue, but is it on the "transition" screen for that transition?

Zhiming Zhang July 10, 2017

No, it's not on either "Edit" screen or "transition" screen. 

The field is still missing

Image 162.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2017

Ok, what type of field is "reviewer"?  Look in the list of custom fields and look at the type usually just underneath the field name.

You mean this one? The red rectangular is the screen where it's missingImage 164.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2017

I was looking for the "user picker (multi)" bit really, but that's fine, I was worried that it was some odd field type that might be hiding itself, but that's ruled out that!

The box you've got in red tells me that the screen "Needs Review" is not in use though.  

Sorry, but I don't understand "the screen "Needs Review" is not in use though." The screen is for one of transitions. It's in use. All the fields in the screen are there excpet "Reviewer". See the screenshot. actual screen.jpgfields.jpgworkflow.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2017

The screen you surrounded with the red box has no (xxxx) after it.  That means that particular screen is not in use as a transition or issue screen.

Look to the one below it instead, as that is in use.

Zhiming Zhang July 13, 2017

Hi Nic, 

Sorry for this late reply. Got trainning entire day yesterday. I double checked our configuration and I'm pretty sure it's the screen we are using. See the screenshots below.

I switched the order between "Fix Version/s" and "Imp Build" in screen configuration and you can see the acutal screen got updated accordingly. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Suggest an answer