Return reoccurring issues - JQL

John Bryant May 6, 2013

We have JIRA issues generate automatically when a job fails. We would like to report reoccurring failures. We have a custom field describing the job that failed. Is there a way to "join" two filters by a customized field, reporting those with a occurrence > 1.

I have two filters setup.

Filter #1 are all jobs that have failed within the previous 24 hours.

project = ABEND AND Platform = BETA AND created <= -24h

Filter #2 are all of the jobs that have failed and are greater than 24 hours old.

project = ABEND AND Platform = BETA AND created >= -24h

I would like return only those "jobs" that failed within the 24 hours and have also failed previously (>24hrs), i.e. reoccuring failures.

Is this possible in JQL? Or is an add on needed for this?

2 answers

0 votes
John Bryant May 8, 2013

The filter function looks like it matches by KEY. Is it possible to "join" two filters by other fields? Is there an add-on that helps with this?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

You can save both filter 1 and filter 2, then use the filter function:

filter = "first" and filter = "second"

John Bryant May 7, 2013

Thanks Jamie, I have tried that with no results being returned. What exactly is the matching criteria when using the filter function? Is it the KEY field? Or can you define the criteria for matching between filters?

Suggest an answer