Retrieving calculated Date/Time Field Result via Direct SQL For report

Nathan Sellers January 27, 2015

We use a Transition Date/Time Field and a calculated date/time custom fields to help us capture the time a ticket was Acknowledged and calculate the time it took to acknowledge.  I would like to get a report where SLA was or was not met, simply the Calculated time to ack > X.

I was going to attempt this report via a direct Database query/reporting tool, but it doesn't seem like that is a field that is actually 'stored'.  I could not understand or find out that  time is then determined.  Is that field actually store? or is it just rendered when viewing an issue 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2015

A lot of fields in JIRA are not "stored".  They're derived from the data when they're requested.

For each one of those fields, you'll need to repeat the logic behind the calculation.  I think for Transitions, it probably looks in the history (that's what I did when I wrote a plugin to do something similar).  

If that is the case, you need to read back through changeitem (look for field status changed from X to Y) and changegroup (for the actual issue and the date/time) 

You should be able to do it with the workflow tables as well, I think, but I don't know them well enough to tell you which ones to look at.

Suggest an answer