Retrieve members in securitylevels

weixiangguan August 17, 2014

Hi,

is it possible to access the groups/users/roles which are referred by the securitylevel of an issue via the REST API? I have seen that the security level is exposed in the issue response of the REST API. However, if I use rest/api/2/securitylevel/<id>, the response is very sparse. Even the other way around, i.e., accessing the roles via the REST API apparantly does not give me the permissionlevels in the individual projects.

Perhaps there is another way for retrieving the members in the securitylevels?

Thanks in advanved!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2014

No. The security doesn't work that way, it's all about "can this user see that issue", so it starts with the issue and checks the user access. There;s nothing that lists users that have permission, and there's even less when you're out of context and don't have a specific issue.

So there's certainly nothing exposed by REST to get lists of users.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2014

I think, as admin you can check a lot, if the admin himself is always a member of the security level.

e.g.:
If I want check, if a certain assignee is included in a security level, I can search by using the issue navigator:
level = "Visible for project users only" and assignee = <username>

weixiangguan August 17, 2014

Thanks for the answer, but I want to do it the other way around, i.e. I want to get all the users and groups who can see an issue if I have already the issue and its security level.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2014

As I said before, the system simply doesn't have any way to do that.

If you want to do it, you'll need to write your own plugin to provide that function.

Suggest an answer