Retrieve Logged work per day&user from API

Fré de Vries December 25, 2017

Our programmers have tol log all the work they do on Jira issues. 

I want to create a script (bash/php/whatever) that runs daily to check if every programmer logged enough hours.  It should work something like this

1. Get date
  2. Get user
  3. Find all the logged hours for this date & user 

I already do this on our self hosted Jira instance, but I use the 'RESTful Worklog Query'  add-on for that.  This addon is not available for the cloud.

I have read through the docs, but this doesn't seem to be possible? 

Any thoughts on this?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

I can't see clear way to input a user and a date in order to get back all that I think you are looking for here in a single call.

However there are two different REST endpoints that you could use to find this out.   First you would need to find all the worklog ids.  You can use the /rest/api/2/worklog/updated endpoint to do this.  That REST endpoint has an optional parameter, it is a unix time value. If supplied the REST call only returns the worklogs since that time supplied.   My thought is that you could run this REST call everyday with a changing time parameter as to some time from yesterday, or 24 hours ago in the unix epoch time.

With the results of that, you can then see all the worklog ids.  You would need those ids in order to then use the rest/api/2/worklog/list endpoint.   If you make that call and supply it all the ids you got back from the first call in order to see all the worklogs via rest for all users during that time.

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for here, but this is one way that you could use the REST API in order to get this data in a raw form.

Suggest an answer