How to retrieve jira issue

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2013

The whole point of using an issue tracker is that you can find your data. Start at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Searching+for+Issues

Bhim Kumar May 21, 2013

I have to do by program.

as I send a ajax request with Custom Field Id(Sprint id) to rest api and I want in response as list of those issues.

Please suggest me.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2013

Ok, well, start at https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+APIs - there's a good introduction to using the Jira REST API, and examples, inlcuding stuff about fetching custom field data.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2013

I'm sorry, but now you're just randomly quoting bits of the system without any explanation of whatever you are thinking.

Please, look at the previous answers, work through what they say, and then post relevant questions, or you simply won't get any help.

What you've just done here is a bit like:

• Bhim: I need some help with my car
  • Engineer: Ok, what sort of help?
  • Bhim: I'd like to install a new radio
  • Engineer: Ok, here's some instructions on radios
  • Bhim: My car was painted by a penguin

... can you see why we're confused?

0 votes
Bhim Kumar May 21, 2013

I want to via active objects

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

You can do this JQL query

project = GHS and "Dev Provided By" is not EMPTY

where Dev Provided By is a custom field.

Bhim Kumar May 21, 2013

I am new for jira.

can you provide me actual code or any links?

Thanks in advance.

Bhim Kumar May 21, 2013

name of my custom field is Sprint

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2013

The name of your field doesn't matter, and what "code" are you looking for? Are you writing a plugin, external system or something else?

Timothy's "code" above can simply be put into Jira's search and will return what you've asked to look for.

Suggest an answer