Retrieve Jira Issue

How to retrieve jira issue

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes

The whole point of using an issue tracker is that you can find your data. Start at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Searching+for+Issues

I have to do by program.

as I send a ajax request with Custom Field Id(Sprint id) to rest api and I want in response as list of those issues.

Please suggest me.

Thanks

Ok, well, start at https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+APIs - there's a good introduction to using the Jira REST API, and examples, inlcuding stuff about fetching custom field data.

0 votes
Timothy Chin Community Champion May 21, 2013

You can do this JQL query

project = GHS and "Dev Provided By" is not EMPTY

where Dev Provided By is a custom field.

I am new for jira.

can you provide me actual code or any links?

Thanks in advance.

name of my custom field is Sprint

The name of your field doesn't matter, and what "code" are you looking for? Are you writing a plugin, external system or something else?

Timothy's "code" above can simply be put into Jira's search and will return what you've asked to look for.

I want to via active objects

0 votes

I'm sorry, but now you're just randomly quoting bits of the system without any explanation of whatever you are thinking.

Please, look at the previous answers, work through what they say, and then post relevant questions, or you simply won't get any help.

What you've just done here is a bit like:

• Bhim: I need some help with my car
  • Engineer: Ok, what sort of help?
  • Bhim: I'd like to install a new radio
  • Engineer: Ok, here's some instructions on radios
  • Bhim: My car was painted by a penguin

... can you see why we're confused?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,944 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot