Restriction on issue type level

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2018

Hi,

My Jira standalone server version 7.2.6

I see many post regarding this but not finding to grant view access to some project roles (users, Testers) and update/modify/transition/edit permission to some project roles (Administrator, Project Manager).

I see below instructions and created the security level and placed in screen as well for "User Story" issue type.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/configuring-issue-level-security-720412465.html

Only Administrator, Project Manager roles have access and do everything. Others roles does not have access to view the user story because of 'security Level'. Even in permission scheme 'Browse Project' access is there for other roles (Users, Testers etc...) still they don't have access to view the "User Story"

Can anyone please help how we can achieve this permission settings for particular issue type? I need to view by few project roles and few project roles do everything.

Thanks,

Om

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2018

JIRA doesn't have issue type permissions. There may be a plugin, but I'm not aware of one.  There may also be a scripting solution. 

Suggest an answer