Restricting values in custom field of type select list based on request types

Hi All, I am looking for a way where the values in Custom Field of type select list can be restricted based on the Request Type. There is a way to do this for Issue Types; but I want to do it for Request Types.

For e.g., Custom Filed Values - 1,2,3,4,5 and Request Types - A & B

If Req Type = A then Custom Filed Values - 1,2,3

If Req Type = B then Custom Filed Values - 4,5

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

You can't do it by request types (they're supposed to be simplified and consistent for users).

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Thanks Nic for swift response. Can we use some script to restrict this? If yes, where I can put this script?

I don't know.

If you can do it, it's javascript (which can be bypassed, is usually inadequate because it only covers some of the usage scenarios, and almost always goes wrong during upgrades), but I don't know if you can inject any into service desk

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Thanks Nic for the info.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

27,415 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you