Restricting "Edit Issue" permission to only those issues created by the user?

mohit ahluwalia July 7, 2017

Hi, 

I have a use-case where for certain users I want to restrict their ability to edit issues, such that they can only edit those issues which are created by them & NOT edit issues created by other users from the same / different groups.

I've been using permission schemes, where I have applied the "Edit issue" permission to a project role and/or specific members. However the Edit issue works for any and every issue.  

Is this possible? Looking for advice.  

1 answer

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2017

Hi Mohit,

have you tried to remove any other user/project role from the edit permission in the permission scheme and add only author/reporter? This should work - you might want to add a project role like developers too to make sure that there is a team which can edit the issue too. If it does not work please provide some screenshots of your configuration so we can work it out together.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Christoph

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your reply. 

So I need for this to work for "Current Assignee" and "Reporter". I've attached a screen shot as well. 

It seems to be working for "Current Assignee", but NOT for "Reporter". 

Any idea why this maybe happening? 

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 9.54.03 PM.png

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2017

Hi Mohit, how do you mean that it does not work for the reporter? That he is not able to edit the issue? Do you somehow automatically change the reporter after creation? 

So in "Grant Permission", I am selecting "Reporter" as the option (See attached screenshot - Screenshot 1). 

However, once this option is selected, the reporter is unable to edit the issue.

To your question: I am not changing the reporter after creation. However I am using a post function at the transition step which changes the "assignee" field. Could that have an effect on the "reporter" (I've attached another screenshot for this as well)? Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 7.32.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 7.39.42 AM.png

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2017

Nope it shouldn't. Have you tried the permission helper? And are you sure that the permission scheme is active for the printing project? 

Suggest an answer