Restricting comments on jira

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2015

Hi All

We sometimes use the comment visibility restriction feature on JIRA.

My question is, say i restrict the visibility of a certain comment to one individual,  in this scenario will an email notification be triggered as per the notification scheme.

Ideally emails should not be triggered because if it does it defeats the purpose of this feature.

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2015

Ideally emails should not be triggered because if it does it defeats the purpose of this feature

You meant it is triggered to other users that cannot view the comment?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2015

Hi Timothy It was a question from me. But i have tested it now and it works as expected. Emails if marked as restrcited do not trigger email as defined in notification scheme.

Suggest an answer