Restricting comments on jira

Hi All

We sometimes use the comment visibility restriction feature on JIRA.

My question is, say i restrict the visibility of a certain comment to one individual,  in this scenario will an email notification be triggered as per the notification scheme.

Ideally emails should not be triggered because if it does it defeats the purpose of this feature.

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Timothy Chin Community Champion May 22, 2015

Ideally emails should not be triggered because if it does it defeats the purpose of this feature

You meant it is triggered to other users that cannot view the comment?

Hi Timothy It was a question from me. But i have tested it now and it works as expected. Emails if marked as restrcited do not trigger email as defined in notification scheme.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

232 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you