Restrict workflow by group in Jira 5 +

Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

Hello,

I used to be able to manually edit a workflow xml and add (jira 4) :

<restrict-to>
<conditions>
<condition type="class">
<arg name="class.name">com.opensymphony.workflow.util.OSUserGroupCondition</arg>
<arg name="group">IT-Helpdesk</arg>
</condition>
</conditions>
</restrict-to>

Now this line doesn't work anymore in Jira 5.

By what can I replace it ? (I tried script runner but there's no function that seem to work for group) example : currentUser.inGroup("groupname")

Thanks!

Martin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

Actually the point of it was to restrict some specific issue type by group which is the only way to do it. We do not want to restrict it for all issue type.

I found a solution which is to use the script runner and validator on create using :

isUserMemberOfGroup('XXX')

Its not in the buildit script list.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2013

Hi Martin,

Is there a particular reason you are manually adding it to the xml? Have you tried adding a "User is in group" condition as mentioned here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Applyingconditionstotransitions

Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2013

This does not work for the 'create' validator in the workflow. We used to restrict it by group directly in the create step.

This was the only way in the past.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+a+Workflow+to+control+edit+of+an+issue+by+changing+Workflow+XML

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2013

Bleugh, can't you just do this properly and use permissions to stop the wrong people creating issues?

Suggest an answer