Restrict who specific users can assign issues to

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2015

Hi,

In JIRA 6.2.5 is there any way to restrict the available assignees for a specific group of users? We have a project that is accessible by multiple customers and want to allow customers to assign tickets to members of their own organisation, but not have visibility of all users with the Assignable User permission. E.g. Customer A can only assign to other users who work for Customer A, Customer B can only assign to other users who work for Customer B, etc.

All the users from the different customers are in discrete groups, e.g everyone from Customer A is in a group called customer_customerA, everyone from Customer B is in a group called customer_customerB, etc. Additionally, there are all in jira-users (so they can log in).

If the user is from our own organisation they need to be able to assign issues to anyone with the Assignable User permission.

Is the above possible? I've had a look at workflow conditions, Alternative Assignee, etc., but haven't been able to figure out a way of implementing these sorts of condition-based permissions.

Cheers,

Andrew.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2015

I believe you'll have to have some kind of script. Security levels would allow them to assign to users from your organization since they will be able to have it assigned to them.

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2015

Thanks Joe. Was hoping there was some combination of workflow properties and permissions that would let me do this, but I guess it does need some sort of custom development.

Suggest an answer