Restrict users in user picker list?

Rumceisz November 6, 2014

Hi all,

user picker fields offer a little icon to launch a User Picker dialog. In that dialog all registered JIRA users are shown, no matter who is logged in and independently from their permission to the project that is being worked on.

Data shown are username, full name and email. These three fields are available for search. Makes sense.

However, the list should preferably only show those users that are actually permitted in the project that this field is used. Is there any way to configure that?

So in a particular project we want to get only the list of the involved users.

Is there a way to configure that?

Thanks ina dvance,

Rumi

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2014

Rumi,

If you are using JIRA 6.2 or above, you can do that using a "User Picker" custom field that allows you to choose which Groups or Roles you want. 

For more details, take a look at the documentation on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+a+Custom+Field#ConfiguringaCustomField-userfilteringUserFiltering

Madhu Reddy May 7, 2020

Hi @Pedro Cora , User filtering option is available for User picker ( Single choice ).. But I am using User Picker ( Multiple Users ) field where I don't find filter option.

Could you please help me on this regard, Thanks in Advance.

Like Jasmin Winger likes this

Suggest an answer