Restrict users in user picker list?

Hi all,

user picker fields offer a little icon to launch a User Picker dialog. In that dialog all registered JIRA users are shown, no matter who is logged in and independently from their permission to the project that is being worked on.

Data shown are username, full name and email. These three fields are available for search. Makes sense.

However, the list should preferably only show those users that are actually permitted in the project that this field is used. Is there any way to configure that?

So in a particular project we want to get only the list of the involved users.

Is there a way to configure that?

Thanks ina dvance,

Rumi

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Pedro Cora Atlassian Team Nov 07, 2014

Rumi,

If you are using JIRA 6.2 or above, you can do that using a "User Picker" custom field that allows you to choose which Groups or Roles you want. 

For more details, take a look at the documentation on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+a+Custom+Field#ConfiguringaCustomField-userfilteringUserFiltering

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

226 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you