Restrict users from adding items to the checklist

codecentric AG January 18, 2016

I would like to allow editing each checkbox but not all users should be allowed to add new items to the checklist.

Is there a way to set permissions. I had a look if there is a way with script runner but wasn't successfull.

Regards,

Joerg

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2016

Hi Joerg,

According to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1330 there is no way to set permissions for a field in jira. Using script runner you can block users from selecting or deselecting the checkList but as you mentioned you cannot restrict admin users from adding new options in the custom field. I do not know if there are any add-ons that offer this functionality.

Kind regards 

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 26, 2016

Hi @codecentric,

Really sorry for the late reply. I missed your question (sometimes I do not get all the notifications).

You can actually restrict who can add/remove items to the checklist in the issue view. You can do this by creating a new role (or using an existing one) and then selecting it in the "Edit Roles" option from the Checklist Configuration page. Everyone will then be able to check/uncheck items but only those with the selected role will be able to add/remove items.

Yves

0 votes
codecentric AG January 18, 2016

Thanks Thanos,

I guess also that this needs to be made configurable in the checklist-Plugin itself otherwise there is no way.

Regards,

Joerg

Suggest an answer