Restrict users from adding items to a new Sprint

Paulas Bhatt October 28, 2015

Hi - I don't want to restrict users from editing an issue overall but I do want to prevent users from adding new items into a Sprint. How can I do this in JIRA?

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2015

You will have to limit the Users/Groups/Roles that you put in Schedule Issues and Edit Issues Project Permissions. These permissions will give users the ability to do so.

Complete documentation can be found here https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-resources/jira-agile-faq/what-are-the-permissions-used-in-agile-boards.

Paulas Bhatt October 29, 2015

Hi Gabrielle,

Thank you for your response; my challenge is that I want the users to have the ability to edit issues but only limit them to being able to edit the Sprint field. Is there any way to do that specifically?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2015

You will just have to update your "Edit Screen" to restrict what fields can be edited anytime. You can also restrict fields being edited based on your an issues status by apply Workflow Properties (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/workflow-properties-189949.html).

Bryan Young December 28, 2015

Gabrielle, thanks for your help! What is the property key we need for the transition to disable access to that field? Right now I'm working with a property key of jira.permission.edit.gh-sprint.group.1=Developers and a property value of false on a transition in a particular Workflow, but it doesn't seem to be functioning the way I expect it to, even though I'm testing with a user in the Developers user group. Is my property key and value correct? If you can help me correct or confirm that, I can do the rest of the troubleshooting. Thanks!

Suggest an answer