Restrict time tracking if sub-tasks exist

Joe Mallon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

We'd like to have time tracking in either a Story or its sub-tasks, but not both.

If an estimate has been entered in the parent, we prevent sub-task creation through a validator.

We'd now like to prevent estimating if a sub-task exists. The Behaviours and ScriptRunner apparatus does not seem to work on time-tracking fields. Is there any other way to say "if sub-tasks > 0, all time-tracking fields are read-only"?

2 answers

0 votes
Cameron Fowler December 17, 2018

This disables time-tracking entirely. I only want to disable time-tracking if the issue has sub-tasks. Unless I can set that property for a single issue depending on the existence of sub-tasks in the issue, this won't solve my problem.

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

Hi Joe,

Please see Steven's response here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-I-disable-time-tracking-on-tasks-but-enable-it-on-sub-tasks/qaq-p/436533

I think it should help you achieve this using jira.permission.* property

Suggest an answer