Restrict "CURRENT USER" to assign issue to him/her self, But can assign issue to others

Tauqir Rao October 28, 2019

I want to

1. Restrict current user to assign issue to him/her self.

2. Assign issues to other project users

Kindly suggest possible ways to accomplish this.

Thanks in Advance!

assignee.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019

That might be a bit tricky.

From the top of my head... you could restrict that IF the assignation is made via issue transition (setting up the propprer conditions and/or postfucnctions). But that wouldn't stop anyone to directly edit the "assignee" field on the side or like in the screencapture you provide by hitting the "a" key.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019

Adding to @Iago Docando comment since his suggestion is correct, remove assign issue from the edit issue screen prevents users from assigning from the view/edit screen.

Now assignment is going to be restricted to transitions.

Like Iago Docando likes this
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2019

I should have clarified that aswell :P

What I'm not sure is if that scenario would be acceptable for Tauqir since he's showing us they're assigning issues in that way.

Tauqir Rao October 29, 2019

@Ismael Jimoh  If I use transitions for issue assignment, does it restrict me to assign as issue to my self for next transition? Please

Suggest an answer