Restrict project visibility

F September 11, 2014

Hi 

I am trying to setup a group which can only view and list certain projects. This seems to be a common problem so I read the docs and the existing answers here, but I still have an problem:

The only thing I seem to achieve is that the issues inside the projects are not displayed, the projects themselves are still listed in Dashboard gadgets and under "View All Projects"

Here is what I configured / verified:

1. The permission scheme used only uses roles no groups
  2. The "Browse projects" permission lists only specific roles, Report and assignee
  3. the group is only assigned to the corresponding role in the projects it should have access to
  4. I double checked the projects roles a user in the group is assigned to 

result:

for the projects where the group does not have the "Browse Project" permission no issues are listed. However, the project is still visible

4 answers

0 votes
Francesc_Arbó October 12, 2014

Well, this is really strange. The new user associated to the new group, it seems as if he has the role User of many projects. However, looking into those projects, I can't see neither the user or the group.

0 votes

I have tried the following:

• I have created a new user and a new group.
  • I added this user to the new group.
  • I added the group in global permissions in JIRA Users.
  • When I log in JIRA as this user I can browse the empty projects.

0 votes

Hi,

The user is only in jira-users group. I removed this group from the permission scheme and from the project roles. In addition, I removed the issues where this user was the reporter, the assignee, a watcher or even added a comment. However, he still can browse some projects without permission on the issues.

0 votes
Francesc_Arbó October 9, 2014

Hi,

My situation is the same as FLO is explaining. I had one user into some groups and after removing those groups from the user, he can still browse the projects without issues.

My JIRA version is 6.3.7. Is this a bug? How can I remove these projects from the browse projects screen to that user?

Suggest an answer