Restrict custom issue use in other projects?

If I create a few custom issue types for a new project in JIRA, can I restrict others from using those custom issue types for other projects? I only want one project to have access to these custom issue types.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
2 votes

Yes, insure that only the project you want it to appear in uses an issue type scheme that includes that type.

Check here for more info;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/associating-issue-types-with-projects-802592389.html

Be aware this will not prevent others with Admin Level permissions from including it in additional schemes. But that is an entirely different issue.

Thanks Tom. This was probably a really easy question. For some reason I always get caught up in the minutia of JIRA and not the bigger picture.

No problem Nathan, there's lots of 'configuration' options to use and sometimes all the pieces get overwhelming, That's why the board exists! smile

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

465 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you