Restrict creation of fields and values when importing via csv

MarkW November 28, 2012

We have a team whos process is to create 4k issues at bulk and then work those issues to completion. It is part of a conversion process so it will not work doing it one by one.

Since the issues basically have a set template save a few fields, I would like to automate this with importing via command line or through the admin menu. The problem is that I want to restrict it from creating custom fields and new field selections.

Is there anyway to do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2012

See if JIRA Command Line Interface runFromCsv will work for you.

MarkW November 29, 2012

Hi Bob,

I am prepping my spreadsheet now to test but will that fail the creation of the issue if the value in the CSV does not match what is in JIRA? I want to make sure no new values or custom fields are created due to mispellings like they are with the GUI import.

Thanks

MarkW November 29, 2012

Looks like it does. Now to bundle any failures into a log for easy ready. Thanks!

Secondary question - Any way to silence notifications via the command line? Version 5.0.3 and soon to be 5.2.x

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2012

Not sure I understand exactly what you are doing, but here are some answers:

1. CSV columns can be excluded by using a property file - see How to import JIRA issues using CSV
  2. How to limit notifications for automation actions

Suggest an answer