Restrict access to "edit" page

Kevin Kelleher May 30, 2013

Is there a way to prevent users from getting to the "edit" page?

My problem is that I don't want people changing things such as Issue Type or Priority.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

Remove those fields from the edit screen, so they can not be edited.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2013

You could

1. Remove their "edit" rights completely
  2. Remove the issue type and/or priority from the "edit" screen (leave them on the "Create" and "View" screens)

There are some other options, but at a glance, the second line above sounds like the right direction for your question? There's a few gotchas with it as well, but I won't waffle about those unless you confirm the basic idea sounds right for you.

Kevin Kelleher May 30, 2013

Ah - thanks! I didn't see which screen was the "edit" screen. Taking the fields off will work fine.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

hi kevin.

you can set workflow properties.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+Properties

so for example a property for an issue that is in state "closed" could look like:

KEY=jira.permission.edit

VALUE=false

nobody can edit the issue after it moved to "closed"

i personally use this:

KEY=jira.permission.edit.projectrole

VALUE=10001

so only users that are included in this projectrole are able to edit

Suggest an answer