Restrict Sub-task creation when Issue is resolved or finished

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2012

I've been looking for this a while ago, but for some reason it looks no one has asked this yet.

Is there a possibility to restrict the Sub-task creation if the issue is resolved or in status finished(closed)?

Maybe with Issues properties?...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2012

Subtasks can be created only if you have Edit permissions. Just remove the edit permision using workflow properties and you should be fine.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2012

Could this be solved adding the property jira.issue.editable = false in the transition?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2012

yes, I would think so. I haven't tested it but that should work.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2012

Thanks Jobin! I'm a little cold with Jira after a month since I've changed of area:)

Suggest an answer