Restrict Priority Field

Trung Pham January 4, 2017

Hi,

I am looking for a way to restrict our partner edit or change the field Priority. Highly appreciate for any inputs you might have. Our JIRA is 7.2.3 . Thanks.

Kind regards,

-Trung

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2017

Four options:

1. Get the Quisapps field security add-on.  You can also do it with Behaviours in the Script Runner, or other javascript hacks, but these can be bypassed.
  2. Find/write a custom field that you can restrict for edit and copy it into the priority, or even override the priority field
  3. Hack the core code for the field
  4. Without any hacking or add-ons: remove the field from the "edit" screen, place it on it's own "transition" screen and then put a set of transitions into your workflows to allow users to change it via them.  You can place conditions on these to restrict it to your own users.
Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2017

I like #4!!! smile

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2017

smile  I've done all of them at one time or another.  2 and 3 I always mention because they're possible, but I don't like them.  Quisapps is overkill for one field, but if you find a case where you genuinely need a lot of field security (there's not as many cases as people seem to think there are, but there are some), it's well worth it.

4 is easiest and, of course, the only option that works on Cloud.

Trung Pham January 5, 2017

Thanks Nic.

From my research, the plugin "Field Security" only works for the custom fields but not for the built-in system fields such as Priority. The other plugin "Behaviours", its current version is for Jira-6.x.x but not for Jira-7.x.x . That said, the option #4 is the best for me. Thanks again Nic.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2017

Not quite - Behaviours is now part of the Script Runner as I said in my answers.  Valid up to 7.2 (7.3 soon)

Trung Pham January 5, 2017

Yeah !!! Thanks Nic.

Suggest an answer