Restoring project - Documentation - Confused

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2013

Hi

I am trying to follow the documentation athttps://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup to restore a project.

When I backup a project I get all projects and the import tool lets you choose which project to import (showing a list of all available projects from backup) - I am clear on this part

Now my attachments folder also contains all projects related data, so if I specify the attachments directory containing all attachments from my source jira, will the import tool determine which folders in the attachment directory (which are specific to the project I import) will be copied to my target jira instance based on project I selected to import.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Abe

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

In short the answer is YES..

The project import tool will copy over the attachment folder (of the specific project you are importing) from the attachment path you mention prior to import.

Note: It is mandatory to import attachment via project import tool. Manually pasting the attachment folder will not work.

Rahul

Suggest an answer