Restoring default Permissions scheme

Kam Bansal November 5, 2013

Hi there,

I managed to modify the default Permission scheme and now I need to restore it to the default values...how do I do that?

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2013

There is no way to go back other than manually doing it. As a rule I never modify any default item. I use it as a base and create a new one and assign it to projects. you could install JIRA on another machine with an evaluation license and look at how it was setup to help you put the setting back.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013
Richard Cross March 6, 2016

I think the reason users do this is because there is no other way to modify the permissions scheme that is automatically assigned to new projects when you create them.

Rather than having to go into every newly created project and manually select another more appropriate permissions scheme, it's only reasonable that users end up modifying the default.

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2020

If you must change the default, a safety is to make a "archive", "orig", or "backup" copy of the default, from which you can restore, before making changes to said default.

0 votes
Manuela Raschke December 16, 2020

In cloud version when you delete the Default software scheme, JIRA will automatically create a new one, when you create a new project. So this might be a workaround.

I do not know about the behaviour on server version. 

(See also: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-permissions/)

Suggest an answer