Restoring data

Michelle Greenfield September 26, 2019

I created a new issue type and moved all issues from the old issue type to the new one.  The problem with this is that I removed a lot of fields from the old issue type, so the data from these fields are no longer available in the issues.  How can I retrieve this data?

1 answer

1 vote
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2019

The field values should still be there, but probably you are not showing them in the screens of the new issuetype. You should add them to the proper screen

Michelle Greenfield September 30, 2019

The new issue type is completely different from the old one and some screens have been removed because a decision was made that the fields were no longer required so I cannot add the fields back.

Is there a way of restoring the data from the old issues so that I can save it to a file.  I also created a backup before I moved the issues across to the new issue type, can I use the backup file to bring up a record of the data in excel format showing all the fields and values from the old issue type?  If so, how do I do it?

fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2019

The point is that the data are there for you to use them as you need.

You can use that value to filter issues, you can use it in scripts. They are there, the only thing is you are not seeing them.

So you have to choose where do you need to see those data.

If you want to see them in a filter, you create a filter, add the column with those values and you will see them.

If you need them to be shown in your issues, just add them in the issuetype screens.

If you need them in any other place, get them with a script and use them as you need to.

You don't need to restore them because they are not gone.

PS. All this could not be true if you have different field schemes defined for every issuetype and that fields are out of scope in the new issuetype (barely probable unless you did it on purpose)

Suggest an answer