Restore values of a cleared custom field

HomeAway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2017

So, I moved hundreds of issues to a different issue type within the same project, but didn't notice that one of the custom fields was not configured to appear for the new issue type. In result, values of that field were cleared and I couldn't see anything even when I've added that new issue type to custom field's configuration.

The history tab of the issues shows that the field was cleared during the bulk move, so those values are still somewhere in DB.

My question is if I can still restore the values automatically without restoring the whole project from a backup as it going to affect too much data.

Maybe something like a JQL that will show me affected issues and then a bulk edit of them to return the values back?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2021

Cleaning up old unanswered posts here.

Post Move there is no means of determining those moved issues via JQL. Best practice is to add a unique label to issues being moved especially in bulk. This allows you to easily locate them later if needed.

Suggest an answer