Restore - error message - Error: central directory is empty, can't expand corrupt archive.

s March 11, 2013

Hi

I am attempting to restore from a backup but I have the above message.

any suggestions.

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2013

That's an error related to the compression of the archive file. Either you're trying to read a file that the current software is too old to read, or the file is damaged or corrupt.

Check the versions of the software used to create the archive and what you're trying to import it into (including the versions of Java the servers are using). That's unlikely to be the problem, but you do need to rule it out.

Then, see if you can open the archive/backup file in simple zip/gzip/bzip programs to see if it is a valid file. If they fail, then your backup is broken!

s March 11, 2013

Hi Nic- My restore - Server is platform 1.7 and the backup file is from 1.6

Will this be the reason

Regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2013

I assume that's Java versions. That's extremely unlikely, as compression is almost always "backward compatible" - new versions can read older files.

Can you open the archive in an archive reading program? Zip/bzip/gzip etc?

Suggest an answer